What do 320,634 Virginians have in common?
In 2008–09, these Virginians all had a VMFA art experience in their own communities-many of them miles from Richmond. The VMFA Office of Statewide Partnerships provides educational exhibitions and programs to museums, arts centers, library galleries, schools and universities throughout the Commonwealth.
Ten key benefits of the VMFA Statewide Partnership Program
• Free exhibitions
• Free media resources
• Free technical assitance
• Free Art on the Spot progrms
• Discounts on Artist Workshops
• Discounts on Speakers
• Discounts on Educator Workshops
• Fellowship Opportunities
• Free subscription to myVMFA, the museum's quarterly magazine
• A hyperlink on the VMFA website to your website
How to become a statewide partner
The partnership program is open to independent, organized and permanently established non-profit institutions in Virginia. These organizations must maintain open membership, have a mission that is educational or aesthetic in purpose, and provide open access to programs and exhibitions provided by VMFA.
VMFA offers three types of partnerships.
• Museum Partners - Museums and art centers, college and university museums and galleries with VMFA-compliant security and environmental controls.
• Community Partners - Community non-profit entities such as art associations, libraries, and hospitals.
• Educational Partners - K–12 schools, colleges and university museums and galleries that have limited environmental controls and security standards.
Download a Statewide Partnership application.PDF
See also: Statewide Programs