Additional Opportunities for M.LiTs: Teen Ternships
Open to all former M.LiT participants that are enrolled in or are rising 11th or 12th grade students.
A summer Teen Ternship is a paid internship position with the VMFA Education Department. During this experience, the Teen Tern will gain experience working in the museum and assisting program coordinators with special activities relating to teen programming at VMFA.
Teen Ternships require a weekly time commitment of 20–25 hours, Jun 20–Aug 19 (excluding the week of Jul 4).
Mon–Fri, 9 am–1:30 pm (students may arrange to be dropped off as early as 8:30 am to accommodate parent work schedules)
Mon–Fri, 12:30–5 pm (students may arrange to be picked up as late as 5:30 pm to accommodate parent work schedules)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serving as a social media strategists for VMFA’s Teen Programs Facebook page
• Creating and editing content for the VMFA Education Tumblr page as well as the VMFA blog
• Researching and providing recommendations for museum programs toward targeted audiences
• Arranging and conducting informational interviews with VMFA staff
• Working on a special projects related to VMFA’s large-scale Family Events
Mail a cover letter and résumé, to Jessica Bauserman, 200 N. Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23220. In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to be considered for the “teen ternship” and the qualities you would bring to the VMFA Education Department in addition to any potential scheduling conflicts along with proposed solutions to meet the designated hour requirements.
Deadline: Fri, May 20, 2016. Teen Terns for summer 2016 will be notified on their acceptance by June 3, 2016.
Please note: Your participation in M.Lit does not guarantee you a TeenTernship.