Continued Learning Opportunities
Open to all former M.LiT participants that are enrolled in or are rising 11th or 12th grade students.
A summer “Teen Ternship” is a paid internship position with the VMFA Education Department. During this internship, the “Teen Tern” will gain experience working in the museum and assisting program coordinators with special activities relating to teen programming at VMFA. At the conclusion of the Teen Ternship programs interns will receive a stipend of $1,800.
Time commitment: 20 – 25 hours per week, Jun 22 – Aug 21 (excluding the week of Jul 4).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a social media strategists for VMFA’s Teen Programs Facebook page
- Creating and editing content for the VMFA Education Tumblr page as well as the VMFA blog
- Researching and providing recommendations for museum programs toward targeted audiences
- Arranging and conducting informational interviews with VMFA staff
- Working on a special projects related to VMFA’s large-scale Family Events
Mon – Fri, 9 am – 1:30 pm (students may arrange to be dropped off as early as 8:30 am to accommodate parent work schedules)
Mon – Fri, 12:30 – 5 pm (students may arrange to be picked up as early as 5:30 pm to accommodate parent work schedules)
To apply: Mail or email a cover letter and résumé to Jessica Bauserman, 200 N. Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23220. In your cover letter, please explain why you would like to be considered for the “Teen Ternship” and the qualities you would bring to the VMFA Education Department, along with your schedule preference. Specify any scheduling conflicts along with proposed resolutions.
Deadline for application: Fri, May 15, 2015. Teen Terns for summer 2015 will be notified of their acceptance by May 29, 2015.