The VMFA is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant to the Senior Director of Information Technology.
The successful candidate will provide a broad range of specialized administrative support for the VMFA Senior Director of Information Technology to help facilitate the Museum’s Information Technology operations.
- Provides project management support and coordination.
- Monitors and tracks budget submissions and spending and manages the Senior Director of Information Technology’s and Information Technology’s expenses.
- Schedules and maintains the Senior Director of Information Technology’s calendar.
- Provides assistance to the Senior Director of Information Technology with Human Resources related documentation.
- Performs in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision and a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and professionalism.
This is a non-exempt wage position with no benefits. Wage employees are limited to working 28 hours per week on average, not to exceed 1,450 hours in the standard measurement period.
All VMFA staff enjoy museum benefits like free admission to special exhibitions, previews of special exhibitions, employee pricing for select museum programs and classes, and discounts at Amuse Restaurant, Best Café, and VMFA Shop.
About the Museum:
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond, Virginia, is one of the largest comprehensive art museums in the United States. VMFA, which opened in 1936, is a state agency and privately endowed educational institution. Its purpose is to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret art, and to encourage the study of the arts.
Through the Office of Statewide Partnerships program, the museum offers curated exhibitions, arts-related audiovisual programs, symposia, lectures, conferences, and workshops by visual and performing artists.
In addition to presenting a wide array of special exhibitions, the museum provides visitors with the opportunity to experience a global collection of art that spans more than 6,000 years. VMFA’s permanent holdings encompass nearly 50,000 artworks, including the largest public collection of Fabergé outside of Russia, the finest collection of Art Nouveau outside of Paris, and one of the nation’s finest collections of American art. VMFA is also home to important collections of Chinese art, English silver, French Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, British sporting, and modern and contemporary art, as well as renowned South Asian, Himalayan and African art.
In May 2010 VMFA opened its doors to the public after a transformative expansion, the largest in its history.
- Knowledge of professional executive office standards, practices and procedures.
- Advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Mail and Google Calendar.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and written and to be discrete at all times.
- Ability to gain knowledge of computer assisted maintenance program.
- Demonstrated ability to handle tasks in a professional office environment and maintain accurate records and files.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and courteously with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience supporting senior leadership.
- Ability to use fine and gross motor skills; hand and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in the Information Technology field.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit three (3) references. Provide full name, phone number and email address. References may be attached in a separate document in the “other” field in the portal; or they may be included with the resume or cover letter.
Professional references are preferred. Other reference types will also receive consideration. References should be able to attest to your knowledge, skills, and abilities, especially qualifications relevant to the position for which you are applying.
Interested individuals must submit an online application. This position is open until filled, however, postings may close after five (5) business days. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before 11:59 p.m. on November 10, 2022.
Please contact the HR office at email@example.com if you need assistance.
VMFA is an EEO/AA and Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer. Diverse and inclusive hiring practices are at the heart of what we do at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Read more.
Click here to apply: