The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Foundation (VMFAF) has an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Advancement Services Coordinator. The Advancement Services Coordinator, under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Advancement Services, is tasked with ensuring the timely and accurate acknowledgement of all gifts to the VMFA Foundation as well as coordinating and supporting the membership renewal process.
- Create letters for all contributions and pledges entered into the Raiser’s Edge database
- Work with solicitors to draft and edit acknowledgment letters for distribution to donors
- Manage the overall acknowledgement letter signature process, including coordination with the Director’s office
- Coordinate the printing and distribution of all membership cards
- Organize the monthly renewal mailings for all leadership and corporate memberships
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of printed mailing pieces at the mail-house and onsite for Membership and Advancement Services
- Maintain proper document retention to ensure data integrity
- Manage the selection, onboarding, daily workflow and evaluation for Advancement Office interns
- Provide reports on gifts acknowledged and outstanding donation pledges as needed
- Draft and distribute pledge reminders as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paces environment with periodic heavy workloads
- Excellent writing, grammar and communications skills
- The ability to work and make decisions independently
- Skilled in the use of tact, diplomacy and discretions with museum donors and staff is essential
- Must demonstrate an understanding of privacy and confidentiality in an Advancement setting
- Experience in data entry in an office setting
- Experience with computer applications and data systems for a variety of office needs including, but not limited to, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous experience in a fundraising, museum setting, or higher education environment
- A bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check
$35,000 – $40,000 annually
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on September 30, 2022.