The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking dynamic, visitor-centric individuals to join the team as Audience Development and Event Technicians. The Event Technician is responsible for providing technical and operational support for outreach events and programs for the Audience Development and Marketing Department. This position works with museum staff, volunteers, and the community at-large to ensure that events and programs run smoothly and are an inviting atmosphere for all museum visitors. Additionally, these Event Technicians will act as ambassadors for VMFA to convey the merits and benefits of our diverse and inclusive environment.
• Work a minimum of four community outreach events Including two Art After Hours events per year, usually taking place on weekends and evenings at VMFA, averaging two to nine hours per event. Attendance at some virtual orientations and meetings scheduled prior to each event is required.
• Support the preparation, set up, clean-up, and production of VMFA’s community outreach festivals, and other Audience Development programs onsite and off campus.
• Learn the logistics of the program/event and must-read assigned marketing collateral and material such as program handouts, and planning documents prior to the event day so that they can answer the visitors’ or volunteers’ questions accordingly.
• Serve as VMFA representatives at Community festivals and other offsite events.
• Setup and breakdown at offsite events, including handout materials and gift bags, conduct drawings to win free merchandise etc.
Work with Ed team to facilitate art activities, when appropriate.
•Talking with and informing the public about VMFA exhibitions, programs, and events.
• Serve as an assistant for virtual programs, on occasion.
Ability to converse easily and comfortably with many different kinds of people.
Be willing to approach strangers at community festivals to share information about the museum.
Knowledge about art, culture, story-telling or be willing to learn.
Some college preferred, previous experience with Community Outreach is a plus.
Ability to speak Spanish is also a plus.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Interested individuals must submit an online application. This position is open until filled.
VMFA is an EEO/AA and Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer. Diverse and inclusive hiring practices are at the heart of what we do at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
To apply, click the link below: