The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is seeking an attentive, flexible and energetic individual for the position of Facility Services Associate.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work about 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30).
Facility Services Associates maintain the cleanliness of all public and non-public areas of the museum by performing the following duties daily or on a prescribed schedule:
- Empties trash.
- Cleans windows.
- Dust mops floors.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, pedestals, plexiglass, and other surfaces.
- Vacuums carpet and remove stains from carpet.
- Vacuum upholstery and cleans vinyl and leather items.
- Cleans restrooms. Restocks supplies and fills wall dispensers and napkin machines.
- Spray buff floors or strip floors when needed.
- Cleans supply closet and equipment including buffers, vacuums, and other equipment.
- Sets up and break downs; moves furniture (table and chairs) and related items for a variety of special events.
- Supports the movement of Museum physical property and other special projects when assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Ability to read and understand instructions.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Ability to use hands to handle equipment, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to lift or move up to 75 pounds.
- Prior custodial or housekeeping experience.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Please submit three (3) references. Provide full name, phone number and email address. References may be attached in a separate document in the “other” field in the portal; or they may be included with the resume or cover letter.
Professional references are preferred. Other reference types will also receive consideration. References should be able to attest to your knowledge, skills, and abilities, especially qualifications relevant to the position for which you are applying.
Interested individuals must submit an online application. This position is open until filled. Please note that postings may close after five business days. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 22, 2022.
Click here to apply for these positions: