The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is seeking attentive, flexible and energetic individuals for the position of Facility Services Associate, Night.
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is a state-supported, privately endowed educational institution created for the benefit of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Its purpose is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and interpret art, to encourage the study of the arts, and thus to enrich the lives of all. As one of the world’s finest museums and one of the largest comprehensive art museums in the United States, the VMFA is the only art museum in the United States open 365 days a year with free general admission.
This salaried, non-exempt position offers Commonwealth of Virginia employee benefits such as 12 paid holidays, health benefits and more. VMFA staff also enjoy agency benefits like free admission to special exhibitions, previews of special exhibitions, employee pricing for select museum programs and classes, and discounts at Amuse Restaurant, Best Café, and VMFA Shop.
Work hours: 2:30 p.m. – 11 p.m., rotating weekly (Monday – Friday and Tuesday – Saturday).
Facility Services Associates maintain the cleanliness of all public and non-public areas of the museum by performing the following duties daily or on a prescribed schedule:
- Empties trash.
- Cleans windows.
- Dust mops floors.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, pedestals, plexiglass, and other surfaces.
- Vacuums carpet and remove stains from carpet.
- Vacuum upholstery and cleans vinyl and leather items.
- Cleans restrooms. Restocks supplies and fills wall dispensers and napkin machines.
- Spray buff floors or strip floors when needed.
- Cleans supply closet and equipment including buffers, vacuums, and other equipment.
- Sets up and break downs; moves furniture (table and chairs) and related items for a variety of special events.
- Supports the movement of Museum physical property and other special projects when assigned.
- Ability to work independently and supervise others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Ability to read and understand instructions.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Ability to use hands to handle equipment, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Ability to lift or move up to 75 pounds.
Prior custodial or housekeeping supervisory experience.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Professional references are preferred. Other reference types will also receive consideration. References should be able to attest to your knowledge, skills, and abilities, especially qualifications relevant to the position for which you are applying.
Interested individuals must submit an online application. This position is open until filled.
Please contact the HR office at email@example.com if you need assistance.
Click here to apply for this position: