Established as a nonprofit corporation in 1975 by the Episcopal Diocese of Southwestern Virginia and The Synod of the Mid-Atlantic of the Presbyterian Church, the LifeCare community of Westminster Canterbury opened July 14, 1980 with residential apartments and the Drinkard Health Center. A beautiful bridge connecting the apartment residences with the healthcare centers brought architectural accolades. Forward-thinking in its design and purpose, the Westminster Canterbury of the 1980s included fine dining, beauty and barber shops, recreational and meeting facilities, banking, postal and administrative areas.
Washington Society of Landscape Painters
The Washington Society of Landscape Painters; one of the oldest active art organizations in the greater Washington metropolitan area.
Visual Arts Center of Richmond
The Center is located in a newly restored, 30,000-sq.-ft. historic building in the Fan District of Richmond, Virginia. Staffing includes 10 full-time and seven part-time employees, 75 adjunct instructors, and 250 volunteers.
Vintage Ladies of Williamsburg
University Village Owners Association
Tri Club Woman’s Club
Tri Club was established in 1959, formed by graduates of Thomas Jefferson, Westwood, and Westhampton Junior Woman’s Clubs.
Three Arts Club
Tidewater Antiques and Arts Association is a non-profit member supported organization dedicated to the study and appreciation of the fine and decorative arts.
Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center
Williamsburg Contemporary Art Center – Williamsburg exhibits a wide variety of contemporary paintings, sculpture, and crafts by outstanding regional and national artists. The Gallery, adjacent to Merchants Square and the Historic Area in Williamsburg, Virginia, occupies a unique 1920 Sears Roebuck house that was modernized in the 1980s.
The Summit is a continuing care retirement community, located on a 143-acre campus in the heart of Lynchburg’s premier planned community, Wyndhurst.
The Prizery is an arts and cultural center located in a 38,000 square foot building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the South Boston Historic Tobacco Warehouse District, and is considered to be the most architecturally prominent and interesting of the 15 buildings in the 20 acre district. Renovation began in 2002, and the facility includes a welcome center, a performing arts theatre, an art gallery, classrooms and a large space for community functions.